Inquiries and applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or addressed to:
North Penn Legal Services
25 West Third St., Ste. 400
Williamsport, PA 17701
Contact by email is preferable.
North Penn Legal Services (NPLS) is a non-profit, 501(c)3 corporation funded in large part by the Legal Services Corporation, Interest on Lawyer Trust Accounts and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to provide free legal help to low income persons. North Penn Legal Services is staffed by 29 attorneys and 15 paralegals working out of nine offices. Advocates provide representation on a broad range of civil matters including custody, housing, SSI, bankruptcy, consumer and protection from abuse. In addition to direct representation, clients are also helped through telephone advice, pro bono and Judicare attorneys, pro se packets and self-help clinics.
North Penn Legal Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer, which employs and promotes without regard to color, sex, race, religion, disability, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other consideration prohibited by law. All qualified candidates within these categories are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants who are current recipients of Public Assistance are also encouraged to apply. Inquiries and applications should be emailed to email@example.com (preferred) or addressed to HR Manager, North Penn Legal Services, 25 W. Third St., Suite 400, Williamsport, PA 17701. Include a cover letter with your resume and kindly include the listing reference code that appears at the end of the position description. Applications are generally accepted until the position is filled. North Penn offers a competitive fringe benefits package. Salary DOE.
NPLS requires that all candidates submit a cover letter with their resume. The purpose of the cover letter is for the candidate to make a connection between their credentials and the job announcement. We are interested in candidates who have a connection to our work and our communities. It is helpful to our screening process to evaluate this connection prior to an interview. Candidates who fail to send a cover letter will be eliminated prior to initial screening.
- We one temporary opening in Bethlehem, PA serving Lehigh and Northampton counties
- We have one opening in Stroudsburg, PA serving Monroe county
- We have one opening in Sunbury, PA serving Northumberland, Snyder and Union counties
North Penn Legal Services (NPLS) seeks lawyers who are interested in becoming part of a regional team focused on creating access to justice for low-income residents in northeast Pennsylvania. NPLS serves twenty counties where our advocates provide direct representation, community outreach, and serve on local community groups. Support for advocacy work comes from all NPLS’ nine offices and an established statewide network.
Legal Aid Attorney Needed – Bethlehem – Temporary
- Temporary, part-time attorney to work at North Penn Legal Services in the Bethlehem office at a salary rate of approx. $750 per 30-hour week while regular staff member is on leave. This is a non-benefits position expected to last about five months.
- Seeking an attorney with 0 - 3 years of general practice experience in the areas of housing, consumer and/or family law. Will consider contractual arrangement with attorney already in practice.
- Send resume and cover letter describing interest in position to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferable) or to HR Manager, 25 West Third St., Suite 400, Williamsport, PA 17701.
Staff Attorney Needed – Stroudsburg
- Attorney will represent clients in variety of civil cases including child custody, landlord-tenant, public housing, consumer issues and Social Security.
- Preference for attorneys who have a demonstrated commitment to public interest work.
- Preference for attorneys who have a capacity to undertake a management role.
- Attorneys bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Applicants will be evaluated on their oral, writing and advocacy skills as well as prior experience.
- PA Bar or by admission required.
- Inter-county travel.
- Desire applicants with approx. five years in practice. Salary DOE, approx. $46,000.
- Competitive fringe benefits including generous paid leave, health insurance and 401(k) plan.
- Frequent opportunities for professional growth and development through local, state and national trainings.
- Access to loan repayment assistance programs.
- Include cover letter and writing sample with your inquiry. Reply via email to email@example.com (preferable) or to HR Manager, North Penn Legal Services, 25 West Third St., Ste. 400, Williamsport, PA 17701
- Ref.December 2017Stroudsburg
Legal Secretary Needed – Sunbury
- Full-time position with significant benefit package.
- Position includes all support staff duties: legal secretarial, client intake and receptionist.
- Individual will receive training to screen callers for eligibility and to use case management system for calendar and client records
- Individual will use MS Word and Hot Docs for document preparation.
- Require proficiency in word processing. Knowledge of legal terminology and principles desirable.
- Prefer candidate with several years of legal secretarial experience.
- Salary DOE, approx.. $11.75 to $12.90 per hour.
- Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- Ref. SunburySecretary2018
If you are the recipient of a one- or two-year fellowship, please contact NPLS' Executive Director Vicki Coyle at email@example.com. We will determine if there is an opportunity at one of our local offices that meets your needs.