Inquiries and applications should be emailed to email@example.com or addressed to:
North Penn Legal Services
25 West Third St., Ste. 400
Williamsport, PA 17701
Contact by email is preferable.
North Penn Legal Services (NPLS) is a non-profit, 501(c)3 corporation funded in large part by the Legal Services Corporation, Interest on Lawyer Trust Accounts and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to provide free legal help to low income persons. North Penn Legal Services is staffed by 29 attorneys and 15 paralegals working out of nine offices. Advocates provide representation on a broad range of civil matters including custody, housing, SSI, bankruptcy, consumer and protection from abuse. In addition to direct representation, clients are also helped through telephone advice, pro bono and Judicare attorneys, pro se packets and self-help clinics.
North Penn Legal Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer, which employs and promotes without regard to color, sex, race, religion, disability, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other consideration prohibited by law. All qualified candidates within these categories are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants who are current recipients of Public Assistance are also encouraged to apply. Inquiries and applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or addressed to HR Manager, North Penn Legal Services, 25 W. Third St., Suite 400, Williamsport, PA 17701. Include a cover letter with your resume and kindly include the listing reference code that appears at the end of the position description. Applications are generally accepted until the position is filled. North Penn offers a very competitive fringe benefits package. Salary DOE.
North Penn values a diverse work environment and strongly encourages women, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ, people with disabilities, people who have experienced poverty or homelessness and people who have had prior contact with the juvenile, criminal, or child welfare systems to apply. NPLS invites all applicants to include in their cover letter a statement about how your unique background and/or experiences might contribute to the diversity, cultural vitality, and perspective of our staff and legal services practice.
NPLS requires that all candidates submit a cover letter with their resume. The purpose of the cover letter is for the candidate to make a connection between their credentials and the job announcement. We are interested in candidates who have a connection to our work and our communities. It is helpful to our screening process to evaluate this connection prior to an interview. Candidates who fail to send a cover letter will be eliminated prior to initial screening.
- Legal Secretary – Stroudsburg Office – Part-Time, Pro-Rated Benefits
- Legal Secretary – Bethlehem Office
NPLS offers very competitive benefits and leave time.
Legal Secretary – Stroudsburg Office – Part-Time, Pro-Rated Benefits
- Part-time position, pro-rated benefits
- Part-time hours totaling 21 per week
- Temp. agency referrals will be considered until filled
- Primary duties include receptionist duties and legal secretarial duties, use of client case management, MS WORD, document preparation and providing assistance to advocates.
- Assist office with case referrals to Pro Bono attorneys
- Will be trained to use case management software
- May require travel to Pittston office for training
- Require proficiency in word processing. Knowledge of legal terminology and principles desirable
- Preference for Spanish speaking applicants
- Salary DOE, approx. $12.90 per hour.
- Must address preference for part-time work in reply
- Email letter and resume to email@example.com or mail to HR Manager, North Penn Legal Services, 25 West Third St., Williamsport, PA 17701
Legal Secretary – Bethlehem Office
We have an immediate opening in our Bethlehem office for a legal secretary. This legal secretary will join a staff of nine attorneys, four paralegals and three other members of the support staff.
- Full-time position with significant benefit package. Employer paid.
- Position includes all support staff duties: legal secretarial, client intake and receptionist.
- Individual will receive training to screen callers for eligibility and to use case management system for calendar and client records.
- Individual will use MS Word and Hot Docs for document preparation.
- Require proficiency in word processing. Knowledge of legal terminology and principles desirable.
- Ability to speak and write Spanish preferred.
- Prefer candidate with several years of legal secretarial experience.
- Require high school diploma; additional training helpful.
- Salary DOE, approx. min. $13.45 per hour. More per hour, depending on experience.
- Ref. BethlehemSecretary2019.
- Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org. Must include a cover letter and resume.
- Resumes accepted until position filled.
If you are the recipient of a one- or two-year fellowship, please contact NPLS' Acting Executive Director Lori Molloy at email@example.com. We will determine if there is an opportunity at one of our local offices that meets your needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
North Penn Legal Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer, which employs and promotes without regard to color, sex, race, religion, disability, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other consideration prohibited by law. Women, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ, people with disabilities, people who have experienced poverty or homelessness and people who have had prior contact with the juvenile, criminal, or child welfare systems are encouraged to apply. Preference shall be given to applicants residing in the community to be served in accordance with LSC Regulation 1616 and to qualified applicants who are current recipients of Public Assistance.